World Actress News: “Ginnifer Goodwin” The Good Girl Goes Bad

goodwin

Tarlet and Los Angeles social fixture Ginnifer Goodwin be a New York girl for now. Over the next three months, the actress and ballet fanatic is filming the romantic comedy “Something Borrowed” about Manhattan and the Hamptons.

On Tuesday night, Goodwin made what was likely one of many future party appearances when she cohosted a celebration for Vionnet at Saks Fifth Avenue with Ron Frasch, Matteo Marzotto and Virginia Smith. “I would be very happy to be their international spokesman,” Goodwin said of the brand, which custom made her vegan over-the-knee boots.

Combined with her cutout velvet dress, the overall effect was pretty spicy. Which may be appropriate considering her character in “Something Borrowed” is a woman who, as Goodwin puts it, “is schtupping her best friend’s fiancé.” Kate Hudson plays said best friend, and John Krasinski stars as Goodwin’s confidante.

WWD got the first dish on the flick.


WWD: Tell me about your character, Rachel.
Ginnifer Goodwin: She’s a consummate good girl who has always defined herself by the things she would and wouldn’t do, and she finds herself doing something that’s always been on the “I do not do this” list. She’s trying to come to terms with that and decide if she follows her heart at the risk of ruining a 30-year friendship.

WWD: So what about her appealed to you?
G.G.: Well, I am fascinated that the author of the book [Emily Giffin, who wrote the novel on which the film is based] was able to make me root for this woman doing something that is so off of my own moral compass.

WWD: Did you try to imagine what you would go through, were you in the same situation?
G.G.: Yes, well, I relate to it only in that I certainly have made decisions in my adult life that I never thought I would make — in good ways and in terrible ways. I’ve certainly gone through periods where I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror because I was so ashamed of some of the decisions I was making. In that way, I was very eager to explore a character like this, who ultimately decides she will be a happier, healthier person if she continues along this path.

WWD: I would imagine most reporters will be asking you if you’ve ever screwed over your best friend.
G.G.: Oh, surely that is going to be our entire press junket. But I have to say I’m a consummate good girl.

WWD: Had you read the book before you got the part?
G.G.: I read and fell in love with the script. I have to preface this by saying, disclaimer, I’m not even a chick lit reader. I’m a high school reading list fan. I want my Jane Austen, my Charles Dickens and Harry Potter. I do read my fair share of “Harry Potter.”

WWD: What are you reading now?
G.G.: I just finished [the incredibly popular young adult fantasy trilogy] “The Hunger Games” and [the sequel] “Catching Fire.” Oh my gosh, obsessed. It’s about a postapocalyptic world where children are thrown into the arena to fight to the death. I finished that two days ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment